The examination will last approximately 2 hours and will proceed as follows:
- We will ask you a few questions to collect medical information and we will assess your blood sugar level.
- You will be given through intravenous injection a glucose-based radioactive isotope: FDG. This substance does not have any side effect.
- You will then relax on a lounge chair in a darkened room for approximately 30 minutes.
- The PET/CT imaging will begin and last for less than 30 minutes.
- You will only have a minimal amount of radioactivity in your body by the time you leave our facility. You will be able to resume your usual activities.
- Two Hours