Permanent – 40 hours per week
Vacation, Flex Days, Group Insurance
Director of Patient Services, Oncology
Posted on: 2022-09-16
We are looking for a dynamic individual, with an interest in working with doctors and patients as they prepare, receive, and navigate medical treatments.
The primary responsibilities of the Surgical Coordinator will be the following:
- Arrange and coordinate surgical procedures with hospital and private OR facilities
- Obtain and follow-up on all surgical pathology requests
- Communicate, coordinate, and confirm with patients regarding surgical information and appointment
- Facilitate and arrange for staging for patients
- Arrange and schedule all procedures required pre-op
- Preparing medical charts for doctors prior to surgical procedures
- Assist patients as they navigate from being 1) diagnosed to 2) surgery to 3) post-op care
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the medical clinic of the inhouse Surgical Oncologist
- Coordinating and preparing weekly tumor board conference (VMOP)
- Managing pathology quality control
- Coordinating Onco-DX process
- Coordinating Radio-Oncology Clinics
- Various administrative responsibilities, including faxing, scanning, appointment scheduling, etc.
- Bilingual with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Med-RX, MedeSync, and/or Intelerad is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and with minimal supervision and demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
Interested in this job?
Interested candidates should send their CV to HR@vmmed.com or fill out the form below.